Shout out to all the white chocolate lovers! I adore white chocolate – so milky and smooth! For the ultimate in white chocolate decadence – this ‘bubble wrap’ mousse hits the spot. Here is my favorite white chocolate mousse recipe:
- 250 grams white chocolate (broken into little pieces)
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup (55 grams) caster sugar
- 300 ml thickened cream
- 2 x 150g boxes white chocolate balls
- Melt chocolate in a heatproof bowl over a pan of simmering water (don’t let the bowl touch the water). Remove from the heat, then stir until smooth. Set aside to cool.
- Meanwhile, separate 2 eggs and set the egg whites Place the 2 egg yolks, remaining whole egg, vanilla extract and 2 tablespoons sugar in the bowl of an electric mixer and beat until thick and pale.
- Lightly whip the thickened cream to soft peaks. Fold melted chocolate and cream into egg mixture until combined.
- In a separate bowl with clean beaters, beat egg whites with remaining 1 tablespoon caster sugar until soft peaks form. Fold into egg mixture to just combine, keeping as much air in the mixture as possible. Place mousse in a glass serving dish and cover with a layer of white chocolate balls (for this recipe I used Lindor). Chill for 4-6 hours until mousse is set, then serve.
If you liked our article, please like our Facebook Page.