This is a healthy and delicious recipe. Brussels sprouts are full of nutrients! They are an amazing source of Vitamin A, Vitamin C, Vitamin K, proteins, iron, and potassium, but they also offer other benefits that will boost your overall health.
Servings 2 to 4
- 15 Brussels sprouts halved lengthwise
- 1 1⁄2tablespoons butter
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, smashed with the flat of a knife
- Salt and pepper
- freshly grated parmesan cheese (optional)
- Melt butter and olive oil in a medium skillet (over medium-high heat) until butter is foamy.
- Reduce heat to medium, add smashed garlic and cook until lightly browned.
- Remove garlic and discard.
- Add sprouts cut side down, cover, and cook without stirring on medium-low heat 10-15 minutes or until tender when pierced with a knife.
- The cut side of the sprouts should get nice and browned, with a nutty, buttery flavor enhanced by garlic.
- Top with freshly grated parmesan and salt and pepper to taste. Serve.
If you liked our article, please like our Facebook Page.