This blackberry frosting can be an ideal creamy addition to your fruity cupcakes, cakes, pancakes, or other desserts that you like to enrich with a nice, beautifully purple, berry taste. Here is the recipe:
- 1 stick unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 ½ cups confectioners’ sugar
- A pinch of salt
- 1 container (8 oz.) cream cheese, cut into 8 pieces and softened to room temperature
- ½ cup (around 15) blackberries
- In a blender or food processor, blend the blackberries into a puree. Next, strain them through a strainer to avoid any seeds. Set aside.
- Using an electric mixer, on low speed, beat the butter, sugar, and a pinch of salt.
- When the mixture is well incorporated, increase speed to medium-high and whisk until you get a pale and fluffy mixture (around 2 to 3 minutes). Then, place the cream cheese into the mixture and continue to whisk for 2 more minutes, or until super smooth.
- Apply the blackberry puree over and continue whisking until well combined. Before piping it onto your dessert, refrigerate the blackberry frosting for around 10 minutes to set.