This is a simple fruity, berry glaze that you can use to decorate your favorite cupcakes, cheesecakes, pancakes, layer cakes and everything you like to enrich with a nice berry flavor and silky taste. Here is the recipe:
- 1 cup (250 ml) water
- 1 cup (220 grams) caster sugar
- 100 grams fresh or frozen berries (of your choice)
- 200 grams fresh mixed berries (optional)
- In a small saucepan, place water and sugar over a low heat. Stir until the sugar dissolves and bring to the boil for two minutes.
- Remove from the heat, add berries and allow them to stand in it for around 3 minutes. Then, strain the berries from the syrup.
- Now, return the syrup to the saucepan. Place on a medium heat and let it simmer for around 10 minutes or until syrupy and thick.
- Cool a little, then return berries to syrup and mix through the fresh berries (if desired). Glaze your dessert.