Rich, creamy and delicious dessert – with all the ingredients includes in this easy banana split cake, this recipe will be one you make again and again.
Servings 12 to 16
- 1 box graham cracker crumbs
- 1 stick (115 grams/ 4 oz.) butter, melted
- 8 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cups butter, softened
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 5 medium bananas, sliced
- 20 oz. (1 can) crushed pineapple, drained
- 16 ounce (1 container) whipped topping, thawed (or 1 1/2 cups heavy cream)
- 4 ounce (1 jar) maraschino cherries, stemmed (or 4-ounce frozen cherries)
- 1 cup pecans or hazelnuts, chopped
- 1 tablespoon sprinkles
- hot fudge sauce, slightly warmed
- In a medium bowl, mix melted butter and graham cracker crumbs.
- Firmly press the crust into the bottom of 9×13 porcelain or glass dish. Put it in the fridge for 15 minutes to firm up.
- In a bowl, beat together the cream cheese, powdered sugar, and 1/4 cups butter until creamy, around 5 minutes.
- Spread the cream cheese blend over the cracker crust.
- Then, slice the bananas into little slices and place them over the cream cheese mixture. Next, spread pineapple chunks over the banana layer.
- Spread the whipped topping/heavy cream over the pineapple-banana layer with a spatula.
- Garnish with the pecans/hazelnuts and cherries.
- Finally, drizzle the chocolate fudge over the cake and top with some sprinkles. Chill for at least 3 hours before cutting in order to allow the layers to set.