This banana banoffee Pie is so rich, creamy, and very delicious. If you are a fan of banana and banana desserts then this no-bake dessert is your thing! Here is the recipe:
- 1 can homemade caramel (here is a recipe: LINK) or dulce de leche
- 3 bananas
- 250 grams / 8.8 oz. digestive biscuits
- 100 grams (1/2 cup) butter, melted
- 10 fl oz. (270 ml) heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons confectioners’ sugar (optional)
- Chocolate shavings – to garnish (optional)
- In a blender, blend the biscuits into crumbs. Set aside in a bowl. Then, melt the butter and pour over the biscuit crumbs.
- Line a cake tin with baking paper. Press the crumb mixture evenly to create a base. Place in the fridge for around 20 minutes to set.
- In the meantime, pour 1/2 of the caramel/ dulce de leche into a pan. Place on the medium-high heat, bring to boil, reduce the heat to low, and keep boiling for around 5 minutes, or until the sauce thicken ( stirring constantly). Leave it to cool for a few minutes.
- Spread it over the biscuit base. Next, use the other 1/2 of caramel/dulce de leche to apply over the thick layer. Cover with banana puree or banana slices.
- Then, using an electric mixer, whisk the heavy cream and confectioners’ sugar until stiff. Apply it over the banana layer and put in the fridge for around 30- 50 minutes to set.
- Decorate with chocolate curls (if desired). Slice and serve.