These baked scallops are so delicious and look amazing! It is a delicious dish and it’s great for an occasional dinner that you can make for holidays, anniversaries, or birthdays. My grandma used to make this meal for holidays when all the family was gathering for a family dinner in her house near the sea. Beautiful memories! Here is the recipe:
- 700 grams/ 1 lb 9 oz. scallops, chopped
- 2 onions, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- A pinch of freshly grated nutmeg
- A pinch of ground cloves
- 2 tablespoons fresh white breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/400°F/Gas Mark 6. Mix the scallops, onions, garlic, 2 tablespoons of the parsley, the nutmeg, and cloves together in a bowl and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Divide the mixture between 4 scrubbed scallop shells or heatproof dishes. Sprinkle the breadcrumbs and remaining parsley on top and drizzle with the olive oil.
- Bake the scallops in the preheated oven for 15-20 minutes, or until lightly golden and piping hot. Serve immediately.