Deliciously light, fluffy mousse infused with the sweet chocolate flavor of Baileys Irish Cream. You can make it for the weekend and surprise your family or friends!
- 2 teaspoons unflavored gelatin
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- ¼ cup boiling water
- ½ cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder (for a more intense chocolate flavor, add one extra tablespoon)
- 1½ cup whipping cream, very cold
- ½ cup Baileys Irish Cream, very cold
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Note: Before beginning, prep bowl and beaters by placing in the freezer for 15 to 20 minutes to chill.
- Sprinkle gelatin over cold water in small bowl; stir and let stand 1 minute to soften.
- Add boiling water; stir until gelatin is completely dissolved. Let stand to cool.
- Stir together sugar and cocoa in a large mixing bowl; add heavy cream.
- Beat at medium-high speed until stiff peaks form; gradually pour in Baileys, vanilla, and gelatin mixture, beating continuously at high speed until well-blended and soft peaks form.
- Let stand 5 minutes to thicken.
- Spoon into serving dishes and place in refrigerator to chill. (Note: For a faster setting mousse, chill bowls before filling.)
- Chill 1 hour or until ready to serve.
If you liked our article, please like our Facebook Page.