This apple fries with caramel cream dip recipe is the easiest autumn dessert that tastes delicious and looks lovely! You will need just 20 minutes to prepare it plus 10 to cook. Plus, your house will smell like autumn and apple pie. Try it:
For the apple fries:
- 4-5 tart apples
- ¾ cup sugar
- 1 cup buttermilk
- wonder flour
- Vegetable oil for frying
- To taste: sugar and cinnamon
For the dip:
- 8 oz. cream cheese
- 8 oz. whipped topping (I used Cool Whip) – alternately you can use ½ cup sugar combined with 1 cup heavy cream – whipped until stiff
- 1 cup caramel sauce (homemade or store-bought)
To make the apple fries:
- In a deep fryer or fry pan, heat vegetable oil.
- In a medium-size bowl, combine together the sugar and buttermilk. Peel and slice the tart apples and place them in the buttermilk batter as you go to prevent browning.
- In a small dish, apply a layer of wonder flour; then pull the apple slices out of the buttermilk batter, one at a time and lightly coat in the flour.
- When the oil is hot, gently put coated apples into it so they aren’t touching, when the bottom side starts to turn golden, flip them over and brown the 2nd side. Rapidly remove to a tray lined with paper towels in order to soak up excess grease and chill. Sprinkle immediately with sugar and cinnamon while they are very warm.
To make the dip:
- Using an electric mixer, beat together the cream cheese and whipped topping until smooth then stir in the caramel sauce.
- Transfer into a bowl for dipping, drizzle some extra caramel sauce over the top and serve with the apple fries.