- 3 courgettes/zucchini. trimmed
- 4 plum tomatoes
- 175 g/6 oz./1 ½ cups Italian ham
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 350 g/12 oz./4 ½ cups dried penne
- 285 g/10 oz. jar antipasto
- 125 g/4 ½ oz./1 cup mozzarella cheese, drained and diced
- 125 g/4 ½ oz./1 cup Gorgonzola cheese. crumbled
- 3 tbsp. freshly chopped flat-leaf parsley
Preheat the grill/broiler just before cooking. Cut the courgettes/zucchini into thick slices. Wash the tomatoes and cut into quarters. Cut the ham into strips. Pour the oil into a baking dish and place under the grill for 2 minutes. or until almost smoking. Remove from the grill and stir in the courgettes. Return to the grill and cook for 8 minutes. stirring occasionally. Remove from the grill. add the tomatoes and cook for a further 3 minutes.
Add the ham to the baking dish and cook under the grill for 4 minutes. or until all the vegetables are charred and the ham is brown. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Plunge the pasta into a large saucepan of lightly salted boiling water and return to a rolling boil. Stir and cook for 8 minutes. or until a/ dente. Drain well and return to the saucepan.
Stir the antipasto into the vegetables. Cook under the grill for 2 minutes. or until heated through. Add the cooked pasta and toss together gently with the remaining ingredients. Grill for a further 4 minutes. then serve immediately.
If you liked our article, please like our Facebook Page.