A decadent, slightly boozy Italian Amarettini Mousse studded with crushed cookies and grated chocolate – served with an enjoyable homemade rum espresso caramel sauce. Simply delicious!
Think of it as a white chocolate and amaretto mousse studded with rum-soaked amarettinis and grated dark chocolate. It’s light and airy in texture but the flavors are rich, warm and…..just comfy !
Amarettini Mousse with Rum Espresso Caramel Sauce
Yields: 4 servings
- 150 grams white chocolate
- 1 sheet gelatin or 10 grams powdered gelatin
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 teaspoon vanilla paste
- 50 grams Amarettini biscuits
- 50 grams dark chocolate, grated
- 200 grams whipping cream
- 4 tablespoons amaretto liquor
For the rum espresso caramel sauce:
- 100 grams sugar
- 1 tablespoon rum
- 4 tablespoons strong espresso
- 75 grams cream
- a pinch of salt
- Melt the chopped white chocolate in a bain-marie. Soak the gelatin in cold water. Whisk the yolks with 1 tbsp. sugar and vanilla as well as 2 tbsp. of warm water in a metal bowl.
- Place a metal bowl over a hot water bath and whisk until light and foamy. Squeeze out the gelatin and dissolve in warm egg yolk mix, stirring well. Add molten chocolate bit by bit while stirring with a whisk until fully combined. Put the bowl into the fridge until it starts to set.
- Chop the amaretto cookies, put them in a bowl and drizzle them with the rum, so that they can soak up most of the liquid. Whisk the cream until stiff And stir in the rest of the amaretto (1-2 tbsp.).
- Fold cream, amaretto cookies, and grated chocolate into the egg yolk mix and distribute the mousse in 4 dessert glasses.
- Let the mousse set in the fridge.
For the Rum Espresso Caramel:
- Let sugar caramelize in a heavy pot or pan until amber in color and add the espresso, the cream, and the salt. Whisk well until you have a thick golden brown Caramel Sauce. Stir in the rum and let cool.
- Either serve the mousse in a glass or turn in out onto a plate. It helps to dip the molds into warm water! Serve with amarettini cookies and drizzle with caramel sauce.
If you liked our article, please like our Facebook Page.