This almond Panna cotta with the mocha sauce it has an amazing nut and coffee flavor. It is ideal for all the pannacotta lovers who want to try a completely new pannacotta dessert.
For the Panna cotta:
- 1 cup whole blanched almonds, toasted
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 package gelatin (10 grams) or 3 gelatin leaves
- 2 cups whipping cream
- ½ cup milk
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
For the Mocha sauce:
- 4 ounces chopped bittersweet or semisweet chocolate
- 2/3 cup whipping cream
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon instant espresso coffee powder
- Sliced almonds, toasted (optional)
To make the Panna cotta:
- Place whole almonds in a food processor. Cover and process to make a smooth butter; set aside.
- In a medium saucepan stir together sugar and gelatin. Add cream. Cook and stir over medium heat until gelatin is dissolved. Remove from heat. Stir in almond butter, milk, and salt. Pour into six 6-ounce individual molds, ramekins, or custard cups. Cover and chill for 6 to 24 hours or until set.
- Using a knife, loosen pannacotta from sides of dishes and invert onto six dessert plates.
- Spoon or drizzle some of the Mocha Sauce around pannacotta. Serve with remaining sauce and, if desired, garnish with sliced almonds.
To make the Mocha Sauce:
- In a small saucepan cook and stir chopped bittersweet or semisweet chocolate over low heat until melted.
- Stir in whipping cream, sugar, and instant espresso coffee powder or instant coffee crystals.
- Cook and stir over medium-low heat about 3 minutes or just until bubbly around edge. Serve warm.
If you liked our article, please like our Facebook Page.