This wicked chocolate fudge cake is so rich, chocolatey and packed delicious flavor, ideal for chocoholics everywhere! Plus, it is very simple and easy to make! You will need around half an hour to prepare it and you are getting a beautiful and moist chocolate fudge cake that you will love it! Here is the recipe:
Servings 10 to 12
For the Cake:
- 175 grams (60 oz.) self-rising flour
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 150 grams (5 oz.) caster sugar
- 30 ml (2 tablespoons) golden syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 medium eggs, beaten
- 150 ml (1/4 pint) whole milk
- 150 ml (5 oz.) vegetable oil
For the icing:
- 75 grams (3 oz.) unsalted butter
- 175 grams (6 oz.) icing sugar
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons milk of warm water
- Preheat oven to 350ºF/180ºC/Gas Mark 4. Next, grease and line two 7 inch/ 18cm round cake tins.
- In a bowl, sieve the flour, baking soda, and cocoa powder. Apply the sugar and combine well. Make a well in the center and place the eggs, oil, milk, and syrup. Beat well until smooth.
- Spread the mixture into the 2 tins, place in the oven, and bake for 25 to 30 minutes or just until risen and firm to the touch. Remove and leave to cool before transferring to a cooling rack.
- Use a buttercream icing to sandwich the 2 cakes together. To make the icing, add the butter in a bowl and using an electric mixer on the low-speed beat until soft.
- Then, gradually fold in the icing sugar and apply enough milk or water in order to make the icing spreadable and fluffy. Sift and whisk the cocoa powder into the icing.
- Next, use more butter icing to cover the top and the sides of the cake. Using a palette knife, make swirls on top of the cake and decorate (optional).